Thursday, June 27, 2013

Music

Music fills me and makes me happy
but playing music is a different case
when I play my fears disappear
when I play broken bridges fix themselves

Playing music takes me back to the start
learning it, appreciating it, living it
practicing everyday after school
pushing hard to be able to enjoy it effortlessly

Music doesn't speak to me, I speak through it
music doesn't define me, I define it
I free my soul through my saxophone
fill the air with notes causing smoke

I may be broken sometimes
my bridges might have closed 
but music takes me to my destiny
soaring like an angel with wings of steel

do re mi, I feel free
fa sol la, I can fly
sing to me nightingale
I've been waiting for a while

In days of sorrow and nights of pain
I grab my sax and do the streets
open my case for strangers to fill
while I play what I would like them to feel

S.K.




No comments:

Post a Comment